Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Inflamed













You know how they say we hold emotions in our body?

This morning I was trying to resolve an issue in which I felt my son had been rendered powerless – not once, but twice. As I sat at my desk typing, I noticed my neck was sore. I ran my fingers under my chin and felt a large protrusion on the right side. A lymph node had suddenly ballooned out, inflamed. “Like a golf ball,” a colleague said. That’s odd, I thought. I don’t feel otherwise sick, and yet the swelling in my neck couldn’t have been a better metaphor for the bind I felt in not being able to effect justice for my son.

3 comments:

Dear Louise,

I get that same tightness in my neck when I'm stressed. I'm sorry to hear you're having a hard time with an issue for Ben.

Sending a hug to you...I hope it gets resolved, there's nothing worse than feeling you can't protect your child, it's all to do with how much love you have for him.

I hope you go and get a massage to untie the knots and somehow you get a resoloution....sometimes, life just isn't fair.

love
Diana x

oh Louise that is dreadful. I hope you get some justice and your lymph node goes back to normal very soon. I had a few issues related to my girl that really upset me lately and I too wanted to blog about them but decided perhaps I shouldn't it. I'm right there with you trying to stay cool headed. Parenting shouldn't be this challenging.

yes, let it talk and write the letter... and please do get some loving touch. wishing strength and action your way.