Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Armadillo update















Thanks everyone for your wonderful ideas and links.

Alas, I was not able to come up with an armadillo costume. I did call some costume places and Ben and I went to one today in the hopes that they would help us piece something together that could pass as an armadillo.

No luck. We were told that that unusual-looking creature would be a "custom-build" and would require lots of advance preparation.

So, instead, Ben has decided to be a musketeer. He has one of those cool hats (see above) and a burgundy cape, some red gloves and a flintlock pistol replica (I think that's what it's called).

What are your kids wearing??

4 comments:

that is going to turn out great! Cant wait to see pics...

We are the Teenage mutant Ninja Turntles (and April) as a family this year... will put pics up soon on my blog www.talleyimages.blogspot.com

I love halloween!

I've always loved the three musketeers. That's a great idea.

My youngest is going to be a vampire. He wanted to be a vampire bat, but we just couldn't pull it together in time.

Hey Louise,

Ben's going to need a replica of an 16th century French sword. Just order "The Muskteer" on Netflix --Ben will love it!

Matt

A Musketeer is a wonderful idea! I can't wait to see Ben's picture --

My son Henry is going as an old man. And Oliver is a clown. Sophie is wearing a green wig and some striped socks.