Saturday, July 16, 2011

Kumon man
















Ben has never been able to write because of weakness in his hands.

I started him on Kumon reading but figured I would always have to fill the letter blanks in. It's hard for him, but he's doing it now. And he'll even do a whole book by himself -- quite miraculous considering the degree of his attention problems.

And he's able to identify most words when asked "show me ___________"

I know writing is supposed to aid reading so I'm very happy about this.

2 comments:

Louise,

I know the step. When Ben returns from camp, I need to come over, go upstairs, and begin typing with him. It'll take time and patience, but the words will come. Now is the time to help Ben!!!

love
matt

Thanks for the tip, Louise. I'm going to check out the Kumon reading...it might be something Marcus could benefit from.