Thursday, December 15, 2011

Happy holidays!














Dear readers:

I am off to England tomorrow to a small town not far from where this robin had its picture taken.

I had booked this ticket to take care of my uncle in hospital there, but sadly he died last week. So now I will be staying at his home in the beautiful Suffolk countryside. The robin is appropriate because my uncle always sent us Christmas cards adorned with robins.

Something I've noticed recently on the BLOOM blog: our page counts go up when we post videos (so you like watching them), but the comments go down. Thoughts? Is there a reason people don't like commenting on videos?

I won't have access to blogger until after Christmas. So I wish you all very happy holidays and am passing along a few links. Louise xo

Letting Ruth go: My daughter's wheelchair was her legs, her computer her voice

Asperger's syndrome inspires homeless woman's comic book strip

Official trailer: Rollin' with Zach

A drug that wakes the near dead

3 comments:

I'm sorry to hear of your uncle's death, Louise. I am glad, though, that you'll have some time away, and I hope it will be restful. Happy holidays -- much love and health and many blessings to you and your family!

I love watching videos but also reading your post too. Merry Christmas Enjoy your time away.

Louise - I'm very sorry for your loss, and can truly understand the symbolic gestures of birds on cards. 2011 has been a year of birds for our family and I can only hope they provide you with the comfort, peace and joy they bring to us during challenging times. Best of the holidays and happy new year to you and Ben.

Love,

The Gort Family.