Wednesday, August 19, 2009

What makes the night beautiful?


BLOOM reader Sarah Leal sent me a message that I think captures the inherent beauty of our children – which in no way depends on what they can or can’t do, on which milestone they do or don’t achieve.

It’s a reminder to open our eyes to the wholeness of our children – which is always there – but which we sometimes lose sight of when we get caught up in the “fix-it” mentality that dominates our culture. Thank you Sarah for this beautiful image!

It is so important to know when you are a new parent that amazing things can happen. It fires our resources to reach for the stars.

And it is equally important to know when your child ages that the stars are amazing, but they are not the only thing that makes up a beautiful night.

It is fantastic that BLOOM can provide that realness that we as parents need.

2 comments:

I got your comment on my blog, and yes, I will list your blog on my site as well. I think your blog would be a great resource to link to! "Info Spot 4 the Special Tot"
http://ot4specialtots.blogspot.com

Hi -- thank you for sharing BLOOM with your readers.

OT4specialtots is a blog written by a pediatric occupational therapist about working with children with disabilities. Great resources at http://ot4specialtots.blogspot.com


Thanks again! Louise